Monday 24 May 2021

How to prevent RSI in finger with mouse click? [solved]

 I had a problem with my left click finger.

It started getting pins and needles and feeling numbe when clicking my mouse at work. That was bad, so I thought about assigning a key to left click.

Then I remembered I had a Trinket M0 - so I made a capacitive touch left mouse button.


You can make your own or buy one pre made from me, but it consists of.


1. USB Cable

2. Trinket M0

3. Crocodile clip - to attach D3 to any metal object which can act as a mouse button (touch)

4. This code... 

https://github.com/markcity/M0use/blob/c767d2cf5635d06dd76b9174e631b8ec8245cd48/rsi_left_click_main.py


How to set everything up.

a. Connect the trinket to your computer using the usb cable

b. Load the code onto the trinket.

c. Connect crocodile clip to D3 - terminal 3 on trinket

d. Connect other end of crocodile clip to object you want to touch as mouse. 

I use a tape measure.


To purchase one, please contact me on rsi@hopgood.eu


No comments:

Post a Comment